The duration of certified study for the M.Sc. Nursing shall extend over a period of two academic years. The aim of MMM College of Nursing, postgraduate program in nursing is to prepare graduates to function in a leadership position in selected areas of clinical speciality, Nursing education, Nursing Administration and in Nursing Research and carryout independent Research Studies.
1. The candidate should be Registered with State Nursing Council.
2. The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of B.Sc. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
3. The candidate should have undergone B.Sc. Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
4. Minimum one year of work experience in teaching hospital or in a college or in a school of nursing after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
5. Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc.Nursing (ie. One year after Tamil Nadu Nurses & Midwives Council registration date)
6. Candidate shall be medically fit.
7. In case of male candidates they should have passed any other course recommended by the Indian Nursing Council in place of Midwifery.
To obtain an eligibility certificate from the Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University by remitting the prescribed fees along with the application form which shall be downloaded from the University website (www.tnmmu.ac.in)
Every candidate before admission to the course shall undergo medical fitness from the Medical Superintendent. The candidate should be physically fit to undergo the academic course and shall not suffer from any major disability or any diseases.